Sunday 1 February 2015

GIVE US OUR VALENTINE!!! Girls’ protests

                                                        Excerpt from livingstylish.com


   While it seems very unusual that most ladies are not voicing it out, I decided to engage some girls in a sincere discussion about this coming election in relation to its clash with the usually memorable Valentines’ day, but their reactions has revealed to me that if care is not taken, there might be an unplanned protest soon against the inconsiderate election date which has been fixed by INEC to be on the day most people (especially women) have always reserved to show and get love from their spouses, fiancés and boyfriends.
“Politics” Bolatito, a two hundred level Medicine student of Obafemi Awolowo University declared. “Is a man’s thing, how can they just put the election on that particular day, knowing that several men don’t show love to their women except on Valentine.”
   When asked what she could suggest as the next best decision to be taken, Bolatito simply said, “they should postpone the election joor. They should put it on another day”. It seemed to be a very funny scenario, as many eavesdroppers also decided to chip in one or two observations.
One of the passersby who contributed was Tolulope, she is a Three hundred level, Demography and Statistics Student in the same university, according to her, “I would neither vote nor campaign for anybody” Why? “Because last year Valentine, Rufus (my boyfriend) was abroad, and he promised that this Val would be a very remarkable one for us, but he came back around December last year, and has since then been very busy, busy doing Political things, because his uncle is one of those contesting in the coming elections. Now, he would be very busy throughout that day (Valentines’ day) and would not even have my time.”
Unlike Bolatito, Tolulope suggested that the whole elections be cancelled, because she felt that, “Since they can decide to disregard our most memorable love day, for the sake of politics, we should also not mind saying a total NO to both”
   Many of the other ladies who contributed to the mini interview saw from the same perspective that the election date of February 14 revealed a total  disrespect and disregard to the sacrifice of a great hero, in ensuring  the continuity of love and sharing of gifts.
However, interview on this matter was shifted to places as far as the Students Union Building of the great Obafemi Awolowo University, and there were a number of varying views, Mayowa Oladutemu said, “There is nothing that can spoil the fun for me on valentine, my fiancé is not a political fanatic, we both have our PVCs and we would vote, but that evening is our time to show love.”
   “But are you aware that most ladies are not going to be having fun on that day due to the election”.
Miss. Oladutemu smiled and said; “If they don’t have fun, it is their own o. Me and my fiancé have planned ours very well, and I believe they should all just find a way of creating fun from the little time they have. Afterall, it is not as if Valentines’ day is the only day to show love. True love should be shown everyday, and anyone who waits for Valentine to show love does not really love you.”
   So as to balance views, we approached an handsome gentle man, a two hundred level Law student; Mr. Chizoba S. Joseph, and what he said was simply, “This is the happiest moment of my life!, many ladies are usually restlessly shouting ‘be my val, be my val’ and that inevitably means buying them gifts, most times, they would not consider reciprocating such generosity, other than just saying ‘thank you’ and that’s all, but with the way things are now, I have good reasons to just say; ‘I’m busy doing INEC-AD HOC’. I love it this way, I sincerely wish Government can continue fixing important programmes on Valentines day”.
   Although most  ladies consented to the fact that they wished the day was not altering their Love Day, yet many of the guys claimed that it would save them from unnecessary insincere spending.
How is your Feburary 14 gonna be for you? Are you going out to protect the future of your country? Or you’ll just sit at home with your loved one? Or you’ll do both?
   Anyway, I’ll, from my own point reckon a well enjoyed day, using everything at your disposal to save the future of our dear country, and at the same time to show an exceptionally great expression of love towards all your loved one. That’s what I’ll just do! Enjoy you day!
 LEVUZ.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. I love this post. Although my area is boring, people are not talking much about Valentine and the inconsiderate fixing of voting on that day, but I guess if I carry out an interview, I'll get just these results too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. thanks for visiting our blog. . Do well to be a regular nd keep up with the Facet blog.. thanks

      Delete
  2. Valentine versus Election... The battle line is drawn. Let's see if girls can really marshal their points to stop election for Valentine, shebi they use to claim gender equity, let them fight for their right now naww... I like the flow of this interview, you real try! I especially like Mr. Chizorba's idea, this season, me sef no dey spend shingbain!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother I'm with you oo... we'll save money for dinners nd chocolates.. infact I go switch off my phone that day sef.. lol thanks for reading. . Keep visiting the facet blog.. bless!

      Delete
  3. Olasunkanmi AKA Sunki11 February 2015 at 13:35

    The fact that the federal government decided to fix election on Valentines' day is a show of stark illiteracy and disregard for the conventional customs. It is obvious that the election was not shifted because of Val, but (as it has been widely rumored) because of the desires of some selected few to rig. I doubt that chance though, because most people are ready to stand by their vote. I'll keep checking this site, I like the discourse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentine ko, Valentina ni. Me I don't support the issue of Valentine o, my own is for Nigeria to conduct a credible and god fearing elections. It does not matter if they give us val or not, we're voting and we must (should) all vote. Now, I'm soo angry that they postponed the election, I have already calculated the INEC Ad Hoc staff money. Mtchewwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha..Husein though. Guess you are one of the guys with 55 excuses for val...and Sunki,good point,so true. Thanks for reading guys,keep reading TheFACET.

    ReplyDelete