Sunday 1 February 2015

Exclusive Interview with ABUAD'S Top Model, Elizabeth Usen.





Personality Interview: Elisabeth Usen
Rising  star  Elisabeth  Usen popularly  known  as  lizzy  has  become one  of  Afe Babalola  University (ABUAD)  most  sort  after  female, Winner of  ABUAD  Top  Model ( ATM)  and one of the most sort after model in recent times. In this chat with facet, the beautiful Akwaibomites talks about the competition, her experience, passion, and her flare for fashion. ENJOY!
 Q : Tell us a little bit about yourself
Lizzy: My name is Elisabeth Usen but then, everybody knows me as Lizzy. I’m from Akwa Ibom State, I’m 18. Born July 15th. I love music very much; initially I thought my line was going to be in the music industry because my mum is a singer and more into media, in fact I had my first Album when I was 13 with the assistance of my mom and dad. Growing up I just knew I love fashion but then I had this body that everybody will always admire and tell me that I have the body of a model dress sense, the way I walk and my personality but I knew I loved fashion which I saw as normal, I never thought I will be a model because I have fears for competitions but not until I entered into the university, my friends will always trigger me to take pictures and all then I began to realize that. I’m still growing up though, still discovering new things about myself, so for now it’s just me Elisabeth Usen ABUAD Top Model.
Q. what made you enter into the competition?
Lizzy: like I said, I had fears for competitions but thanks to the photographer Nicole, she was like, I’ve been seeing you around and I’m always giving you that look and I was like yeah! I know! then she dropped a paper and told me about ABUAD Top Model and I was like you’ve met the wrong person, but before then, she told me about meeting like 5 of my friends and all of them kept suggesting Lizzy but I was like I don’t want to do it but she just dropped the paper and left, and my friends were like even if you don’t want to do it for winning just do it to try something else and I just did because of the pressure and for people to shut up. So I did it, it stated off very discouraging because it wasn’t something I wanted to do but my sister kept pushing me forward and then I went in it and the second and first picture was actually very encouraging and I could see for the very first time other parts of my myself I never knew, a very beautiful form of picture and my creativity. With that, I realized I just could be up for this competition and I pushed forward into it.


Q. How does it feel like winning?
Lizzy: Well! To be truthful, I never thought I will win. People saw me as a threat but I saw myself as the least. I even had people I was looking up to in the competition, I kind of liked the clothes they wore, how they walked and all. I had role models in that competition and you know what it feels like to compete with people you look up to but not until Bukky Killer offered to assist me with styling. I almost gave up but my friends and my mum kept pushing me. So, when they were about to announce the winner, I never thought they will call my name, I was just positive because I felt good that I am actually doing something. Then they called the top 5 people that will be leaving the competition and those were the people I actually thought they did well but for some reasons there was this strength and positivity. So, it was just two of us standing there then I knew I was going to win, even before they called my name I felt like the winner. So, it was one of the most glorious moment in my life, it’s indescribable, it was one of the happiest moment in my life cause there were nights when I cried, bare the pain from my ankles, faced criticism from people, it was discouraging . So, I just thank God for that.
Q. why do you think you won, what made you different and unique from other contestant?
Lizzy: Well! Other competitors were people of high class fashion, there were even professional models in the competition. The judges were not biased; I think this credit goes to God for the kind of body, the modeling kind of body, I actually have thigh gaps that made me walk well, it just portrayed the model kind of body so I didn’t have to try so much, I also think the second reason would be the men inspired category that really pushed me out, people kept talking about it and lastly, I think the dinner dresses. Everybody was on a long dress but I was wearing a really short dress and the bible says every disappointment is a blessing because I actually wanted to wear a long dress but it didn’t work out which made me kind of scared but wearing that short dress made me stand out and unique.
Q. Are you planning on taking up modeling as a career in future or after school?
Lizzy: After school? Yeah! Because I feel like that will be the right time to take decisions. Most of the opportunities I’ve gotten were compromised because of school. My dad is also a strong believer of female education; he won’t even joke with my education. He always tells me that modeling is a second talent and the basic thing should be going to school and achieving something. So, I cannot leave school take up some  modeling jobs, the only time I can spare would be during holidays, like last summer I  modeled for  Teens Choice Awards in Abuja. So, modeling is something I have to do in the right place and in the time. I will definitely do this after school because I dream about it each day and I also feel like this is the one thing God actually wants for me because so many talents has come and go but modeling is just part of me and I can’t run away from it.
Q. What does Fashion mean to you?
Lizzy: I see fashion entirely different from how people see it, most people see it as setting trends and other people following, that  is great though but I see it differently, I’m  like if somebody can wear this this way, why can’t wear it the other way round. I think fashion should be different, unique and distinct from the normal way. That’s why I do my thing my own way, it’s different from what other people will like and that’s why I see myself as a fashion designer someday.
Q. What’s your favorite clothing, what do you like wearing?
Lizzy: I am beginning to have a thing for dresses that are really sexy *smiles* yeah! Really sexy dresses the type that will show your body shape and I’m the trouser kind of girl, I like casuals I would love to go on polo, T-shirts and sweat pants because they make me comfortable. I’m not really a skirt kind of person but until my mum and friends said I actually look good in them but I’m still a trouser kind of girl.
Q. Who is your favorite stylist?
Well, I will go for somebody that has my body size. Talking about Nigeria’ I think Eku Edewor, love her style. But then internationally, nobody can beat Rihanna, I just feel like she is very carefree and when she dresses people go wild which is what I go for.
Q. Describe your style in three words
Lizzy:  Free! Unique and spectacular
Q. Who are your favorite models?
Lizzy: I have so many  of them but then I love Kendall Jenner, she is pretty awesome, I like her body, she does modeling so effortlessly and normal which always turns out to be beautiful. I also love Michelle Wilson, I met her on intagram. I love her because I feel like we have something in common, she is a beautiful model and she has this kind of turn boy thing going on. There are also a couple of them but Kendall Jenner and Michelle Wilson are just my best.



Q. How do get your inspiration for dressing up?
Lizzy: I look at the way my role models and the people I admire and I’m like what would they and how will they wear a particular outfit. I dress corporately to because of class and I try as much as possible not to wear casuals for cooperate. I just try to be distinct and spectacular.
Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years or more?
Lizzy: The first thing I want to emphasize on is that after university, I will like to pursue my masters in psychology, I have always wanted to be a psychologist, but then I want people to admire, and at this same time I have a lot of responsibilities and people who look up to me, I’m just surrounded by such people which is so scary. People have high expectations from me and I hope I will be able to meet them.
Q. What are the three things you are most passionate about?
Lizzy: Love, Family and Fashion
Q. Your advice to people planning on going into the competition (ABUAD Top Model)
Lizzy: Put God first, pray, work hard and be open minded.






2 comments:

  1. For an eighteen year old girl? You're surely going places. I really enjoyed this interview and I'll like to meet this Akwa Ibom girl ooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lool...you can if you have an offer for her..ll..Thanks for reaing dear.

    ReplyDelete