Friday 1 January 2016

INTERVIEW with Mr UI.

Seyi Evans: Happy new year readers, its great having you all in the new year. My name is Seyi Evans and welcome to another great interview session on the FACET. I have here with me the present Mr University of Ibadan (Mr U.I). And I'm sure you all want to know who this present one is and whats up with him.

Seyi Evans: Hello Boss,can we meet you?
Nimi: Errrm... My name is Onipede oluwalonimi olarinkomi, a 400level student of the department of adult education/English language.. From osun state Nigeria.. Second child of three.
Seyi:Oh wow! Great Nimi. Hmm talking to an English student here,think i have to be careful with my use of language,so i wont fall your hand abi
Nimi:Lol! Ahhba. I only minor in English.. I basically major in adult education minor in English.. I basically major in adult education
Seyi: Oh! I'm safe then..so tell us Nimi, how has it been like studying adult education?
Nimi: Well.. Ups and downs I'd say, basically from the whole shit face I get when I say the name of my department, most People are like "you would help teach my grandmother... Etc"... This actually made me have massive low self esteem, therefore I usually claim just English language, sidelining the adult education. Then when I got to my second yeah, I realized the course had more to offer, and I actually have an added advantage because I can swing both ways, and not streamlined..
Seyi: Hmm yes that's understandable,its not like when people say I'm studying medicine,law and the likes but good you didn't let that get to you much and you benefiting from it right?
Nimi: Trust me.. A whole lot... It has taught me how to help people learn, and not just enforce what I believe I know on them, rather working hand in hand with them in the learning process.
Seyi: Okay that's really cool.But I'm curious now,you gave basic details about yourself earlier but didn't mention you being the present Mr UI..are you normally this humble about it or you want to cap down your ego because you know the world would be reading
Nimi: Lol... The funny thing is, I feel quite awkward when I'm addressed as "Mr UI"... My name is Nimi, and Mr UI is just a post, when I'm gone there would be countless Mr UI's why then should I drown myself in it.. Fine I'm the current Mr University of Ibadan but my name which is unchangeable is Nimi.
Seyi Evans: Nawa o,awkward?Mr UI? I envy this humility oh. But still you are the present Mr UI and I'm sure there's been a lot to it. So how have you been coping with the attention,especially from the female fans club, haha.
Nimi: Lol.. What attention? Female what... I know not of any, I've been me basically.. Sadly I don't know of any female fan, not to talk of fans
Seyi: Like seriously now? Ha! This' a first oh. Me is your fan already so maybe you know one now. haha.Okay are you normally free with people or you the type that walks shoulder high?like maybe i should just count myself lucky to be talking with you
Nimi: Lol... Fan lol.. Indeed.... Free with people, well maybe when I'm quite close to you, because I'm shy to death which brings me down to the shoulder high part, abeg what is there to be shoulder high for? Mr UI? Abeg oh. But basically must people misunderstand me, because I'm really shy and I get tongue tied at times or I would stay mute.. Then I hear stories that I'm proud, but the best thing is I don't do the defending myself.. People that know me usually take offense on my behalf.. They go all "that playful creature?"
Seyi: Yes fan!what do you mean indeed. lol! Hmm shy? Maybe you seem shy tho cause this one that there are no female fans you know..Now that you have told us this lets hope peoples thinking towards you will change. So is there any main bae/chick with the "shy playful creature"? *coughs*
Nimi:Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Mother Mary is bae
Seyi: Ewo! So are you trying to say "you are single to stupor"?
Nimi: Did I?
Seyi: But realistically, mother Mary cannot be bae now so explain further, lol.
Nimi: I'm not married now
Seyi: Obviously we know,and you know what i mean oh
Nimi:*tongue out* Next question



Seyi Evans: All this "corner corner" niggas sef. I'm suspecting you. So Nimi, whats your view on the increased rate of fuel price in opposition to the supposed Change in Buhari's present regime?
Nimi:lol! I'm still optimistic about the change the Buhari led administration promised, though seems really slow, but like we've heard about the supposed drop in pump price come 2016, we cannot but keep our fingers crossed and hope they Really know what they re up to
Seyi: So you still see the change coming even as other Nigerians seems to be loosing hope already?
Nimi: Trust me I do
Seyi: Alright,i hope our readers can join in your believe too. What other things do you do or are you involved in aside schooling?
Nimi: Aside schooling... Hmm... Well modeling of course, and I write
Seyi: Interesting! A model and a writer..we have already seen an outcome of you being a model tho im sure its not easy being one. What stuffs do you write on?
Nimi: Lol.. What outcome are you referring to? I get my muse from virtually anything, I'm not stereotyped.
Seyi: Emerging Mr UI now. Really cool..you a guru like that.. so can you just give a piece of advice maybe to aspiring models and writers
Nimi: I still like to regard myself "aspiring" because where I need to be is still work in progress, but believing in one's self is the greatest, we should all believe we can achieve the unachievable and things would play our way.
Seyi Evans: Hmm deep,aspiring ones out there too should make use of what the humble nimi has given. So Foodie or Nah? haha
Nimi: Lol Madame every human is humble. Errrmm I kinda exaggerate my love for certain things, of which my love for food is one. I could shout and get excited when I see good food, but would hardly finish a medium size meal.
Seyi: Lol okay we know your type already. Can you even cook? *eyes rolling*
Nimi: Hehe,don't try me oo, bring anything and I'd make u feel bad you are a female
Seyi:Really interesting.You owe me one then I'll know. So yeah,to be Mr UI aint that easy now, so its either you set trends or you a fashion thriller,what do you look like on a normal day maybe going for lectures?
Nimi: And you will be thrilled. True... I have to be really careful because I've seen people talking behind me. They were quite exasperated at my simple outfit, and I was almost sinking in the ground below. So Monday, Tuesday corporate, Wednesday and Thursday Polo, top and sneakers,then Friday, I would go with native.
Seyi: Oh wow! Wooh na dem get their mouth sef abi.. okay the order is cool and the norms too..So tell us,what fashion item is your day not complete without?
Nimi: Lol.. Abi, their mouth or not I'm really sensitive.. Fashion item... Would definitely be my ring... I feel nude without it.
Seyi: Awwn sorry,there's always a price to pay. Okay cool,nimi cant go a day without his ring. Hmm what cant people catch you dead with?
Nimi: Something I don't  like people seeing me do... I'd say sleeping off in public,and something i wont want to be seen wearing is a frown.
Seyi Evans: Hahaha that's cool..that sleeping off no make am at all..So Nimi,have you had any crazy or embarrassing moment in school?
Nimi: Haha yeah, I slept off in a large lecture theater in 100level and some dudes were taking pictures putting rolled paper in my mouth and I was the amusement for them all.
Seyi: Lmao. hahahaha funny but that would have really been embarrassing.. Aww 100level days
Nimi:It was,trust me.
Seyi: Alright now even if you are also one of the "i don't listen to Nigerian songs" team, you sure must have heard Falzthebahdguy celebrity girlfriend..so tell us who your female celebrity crush is
Nimi: Yemi Aladeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Seyi: Hehe really? I love Yemi Alade too oh..hope she sees this sha so she will quickly come take you away,haha . Any favorite designer you like to rock well?
Nimi: Lol.. If she can, she should oh... I don't mind. Favorite designer... Trust me I've got none.. I fancy almost almost anything
Seyi: Uhn!see mouth. So Nimi,any date gone bad?
Nimi: Date gone bad?.. Mehn I can't say for sure. I doubt it.
Seyi: Okay,can you describe yourself as "romantic"?
Nimi: My lady every human is romantic, we just need the right person, so yes with the right specimen I am.
Seyi: Lol! The right specimen you say,deep! So where does our current Mr UI see himself in the next 5 or 7 years?
Nimi: Errrm I'd say a big name in the entertainment industry
Seyi: Cool! Your icon?
Nimi: The man I see in the mirror.. And the crown I want.. Mr Nigeria /Mr world..
Seyi: Wow interesting! God help you. A brief word to your fellow undergraduates please..
Nimi: Thanks my lady... Basically the best revenge is doing what others say u can't.. Find positivity in everything, that's the biggest drive.
Seyi: Sire Nimi says to have a positive assertion towards everything,nice. On a final note,can you describe yourself in just two words
Nimi: Sire Komi or Human being, lol
Seyi: Sire komi?? Lol can you quickly tell us what that is? And ofcourse i wunt be talking with you now if you not "human being"
Nimi: Sire(lord) komi... Middle name (olarinkomi) You threw me in a tight corner asking me to describe myself. I can be anything I want to be my lady, okay let me put."Playful creature"
Seyi: Oh okay, sirekomi is coined from your name. Hahaha you back to the playful creature thingy.
Nimi:lol! Yeah
Seyi: Alriiiggghht its been fun with you and im sure our readers are thrilled already and they now know you a playful creature thats free to talk with..so do you have anything you want to say to our FACET readers??
Nimi:Haha yeah. "please don't be anything
less than awesome 100%, you attract greatness if ure 100% real and uphold yourself in a mannered and cultured way"
Seyi: Thank you sire komi and im sure you want them to keep on checking theFACET to get more enlightened
Nimi:Most definitely,pls do.
Seyi:okaay readers..im sure it was nice gettin to know about our present Mr U.I. you can follow him on Instagram @nimi_sirekomi and snapchat- SireKomi. You can also follow me on Instagram @seyievans Have a fabulous year ahead.muah

No comments:

Post a Comment