Thursday 1 January 2015

Article - New Year, New Ermm...




What?! It’s 1st of January already? Have I been alive all this while? Doing what actually? And why am I still a size 14 by the way? Blablaa..
   Okay it’s January itself now and I don’t seem to have a name for this feeling I have. A little excitement for the New Year, a little guilt for the previous one... yeah some funny kind of complicated. Finally, I find my long lost resolution note for 2014 and it pretty much exposes some shades of ‘sin’.

Now resolution is that thing a number of us do in the excitement of each season, especially as its spirit leads. Some of us are yet to grasp how it really works, but we do it anyway. It’s a funny kind of tradition because we get to make some pledges we may not even remember the next day.

   So my note tells me I’ve not particularly been a good girl. Yeah, I’m still a size 14, and worse, I still have an automatic crush on every fine guy I see, including my boyfriend’s popman. But that’s like the more forgivable part of it. The really ‘ungood’ part is that I haven’t been much of the Samaritan I pledged to be. I haven’t quite reached out to a hungry child as much as life has beautifully reached out to me and there is no excuse for that. I’m not particularly rich but I’m not particularly poor. So I do know when to unburden my purse.

   Talking about me,  I don’t think I’ve been much of the self-centered type, else I’d have done better for myself than I have the past year. I dreamt quite big for the year but managed to achieve quite little. My dreams are not beyond me though, the lazy part of me is just epic.

   So now I stare at my note and it stares back at me. It sure deserves an apology, so does the previous year. And I figure the one good way to welcome the New Year is to stick to my promise of old and make my resolutions count rather than scribble again on a piece of paper in the name of a funny tradition. So to my wonderful 'twinnies' who are also in the business of pledging first then thinking Later, or even forgetting, the resolutions should go beyond what every other person does. Make the words count.

No comments:

Post a Comment