Saturday 4 July 2015

TURNED or CRAZY?? - Fashion Trends

   It is a fact that jeans are classic and can never go out of style. But it takes a finely bold fashionista to rock a pair of ripped jeans properly and still manage to pull off that chic look. Now once you can achieve that successfully and without cogs,you are the definition of a fashion guru.
Ripped jeans,popularly known by Nigerians as crazy jeans and distressed jeans by the whites,are the rave of the moment especially the stone wash off white.
Now,let's see how people rock crazy jeans in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
Chill oh,before I show you the pics sef,let me give a fashion rule for distressed jeans.
On no occasion should YOU rock a ripped jean without knowing the right top,accessory(if needed) or shoes to pull it off! You surely don't wanna look like a cast off or mad person when you come out from a corner of the street.
It is a great pity that many of us commit fashion blunders all in the name of leaving jaws hanging,we go all the way to make a difference and become MAD trying to prove a point..*yimu*..(I piri una cos if na to say operation burst still dey,u no go fit to wear ripped jeans like say na kim k you be.)

  

   Do you know there are modest ways to rock the distressed jeans and still look effortlessly chic and decent(if that particular word "decent" comes to play in situations of the crazy jeans invasion.)*shrugs*
   However before we see pictures,let me tell you a short story of how I once felt about this trend as a kid.
I remember growing up in Ibadan city where fashion at a time was nothing to write home about. Fashion was dead and Ib gals could never pull of the definition of hot and sexy. Well,I got to lagos during a break in preparatory school and saw big aunts looking cute and hot in every clothe they rocked. Well,I immediately decided to dress like them when I became old enough to buy my own things.
   One day I was outside the gate when I saw a beautiful lady with gorgeous hair passing by in a torn jean. I was so shocked that I didn't even notice when a tear slipped down my cheek. My aunt came out a that moment and asked why I was crying and I pointed in the direction of the young lady and said she was mad. My aunt's laughter surprised me and I asked why she was mocking the lady. She said to me "Trisha,she is not mad o,that is crazy jeans now. It's the trend now!"...LOBATAN! I kukuma no talk anything again,na so I shut up oh but then I promised never to try such jeans on. Well,the trend passed only for it to resurface now that I am older and guess what? I AM LOVING IT!!!

   Now let's really come back to the present. The way some of us rock these jeans is nothing short of spectacular. And I trust my Naija babes,dem no dey carry last for these kain tin oh! deir own don pass craze,abeg borrow me name for mad? Why not just rock it and make us love it?why rock it and make me wanna puke? I guess it's time to see some pictures then.





Now that we have been disgusted to an extent by those pictures,let us check out girls who still managed to pull this off with their combo*winks*..Yuovnne Nelson is bae by the way,check her out.


Now coming down to our Nigerian Universities,check out the babes who rocked their ripped jeans in a way that made me say "ah,thank God,so some girls still get litle sense for this our country"..10minute prayer to bless this girls for introducing simplicty into fashion and looking chic at the same time.




Coming down to our celebrities,check out these actresses doing it their own way.



And finally,Genny stunned me again by wearing this! I mean you don't always get to see a ripped skirt on ladies bu she definitely nailed this! Go gurl!




Now that we have seen crazy,let us all turn up and get cuffed!!!!

The cuffed jeans trend has a lot to do with our pop culture and our guilty pleasure for celebs spotted by the paparazzi on the street. How do they look on daily basis?What are they wearing? Usually it is super relaxed styles,casual,boho-chic,quite messy looks with the cuffed jeans being ubiquitous when it comes to their off-duty style.
And trust me as Nigerians,we looked,saw,loved and emulated! No time to waste time abeg.
Now if you still havn't gotten the gist about what the cuffed jeans is,na the turn up trouser wey we dey always see on our toothpick legs daily oh. Trend alert or not,that shii is dope!(*oops*,did I just say that?)
Then came the bloggers and before we knew it,every fashionista,stylist.editor and fashion passionate individuals started rocking it,why???
It is cool,incredibly cute and french vibed!
Any jean style can be cuffed in as many rolls or folds as you wish. It goes with any shoes,any outfit,any occasion,any age,sex also. It is totally fantastic BUT to wear cuffed jeans,you have to rock it well. So choose a nice top,some fitted, something free also,just make it lovely!





Chill,you ever thought of rocking oversized jeans?try it out.

Cuffed BF jeans or super large styles cane be done in half,1,2 or 3 folds. Thick messy folds look great with oversized jeans as they give more definition to your legs an silhouette and the exposed ankle is a very cheeky but well place detail for showing off inches of your frame. It adds that bohemian and careless vibe to an outfit and it looks amazing with heels.
Let's check out some of our Nigerian students rocking the trend.


The caucasians are however not lagging behind in this trend..



Even the mongoloids  
However let us remember one thing. The beauty of fashion is that wrong does not exist. So come out with your craze la diva et belle! Let's rock this world turned and crazy!!! 
                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                      @Alexis_Okin

No comments:

Post a Comment