Saturday 4 July 2015

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH AGBOLUAJE IDRIS,CO-CEO OF ACE STITCHES.

   Good day awesome readers and welcome to another interview on TheFACET. My name is SULIAT and today’s interview is one we had with AGBOLUAJE IDRIS, co-ceo of ACE stitches. Idris is a finalist of the department of Biochemistry of the University of Ibadan. Sit back and enjoy the interview, do not in case press your red button….muchas gracias..*winks*.



FACET: Hello gentleman, can we meet you?
IDRIS:  My name is Agboluaje Idris.  A student of the University of Ibadan from the department of Biochemistry. The co-ceo of Ace stitches. I am from a family of five. I hail from Ibadan, Oyo state.
FACET: Ace stitches happened to be one of the trending fashion line trending in UI, who and what  would you attribute that to?
IDRIS: God’s favor and good work
FACET: How did you come about the name’ ACE STITCHES’?
IDRIS: As you know ‘ace’ means being very good at what you do. My partner and I, Akinola Ayetigbo decided to use the first letters of our names because most of our names start with the letter’ A’.
FACET: What makes your brand so different from other brands in UI and other schools around? Because every other fashioners talk about how different their brands are ,so what do you think makes yours different?
IDRIS: I think the basic thing is our designs because they are not the regular designs that you see and we dedicate most of our time to ensuring that we provide quality products. So, I think that’s just it.
FACET: Apart from a fashioner ,what other things do you engage yourself in?
IDRIS: I engage in a lot of things and aside from academics, I was the general secretary of my hall, Mellanby hall. I am presently the vice president of Junior Chambers International, JCI, UI chapter. My partner , who happens to be the president of the department of Physiology is also the chairman of the University Electoral Screening Committee. We are also involved in more like an umbrella company. We are basically involved in a lot of things.
FACET: How do you combine your studies with the things you do? Creations inclusive.
IDRIS:  As you know that biochemistry is a very time consuming course, but I think it has been God all the way but I think the main thing is you prioritizing your time and knowing what you have to do at a particular time.
FACET: You are a member of JCI, how does that feel?
IDRIS: It feels good.
FACET: Can you tell us what JCI is all about and how has it influenced you?
IDRIS: JCI is an acronym for Junior Chamber International. It is a worldwide federation of young citizens between the ages of 18 and 40. It is present in over 100 countries of the world and it is going to be 100 years this year so we are having our anniversary this year. There are so many opportunities in JCI ,talk about the individual opportunities, the business opportunities,  community opportunities. It is more about the rendering of services to the society and one way or the other all these have influenced my lifestyle.JCI helps business too by connecting you to a lot of people.
FACET: Does the name JCI go beyond the walls of the Premier University? Do they have it in other schools?
IDRIS: Yes definitely, they have it in UNILAG, OAU ,FUNAAB, YABAtech, IbadanPoly, Leadcity university and many more which I can’t really mention now.
FACET: Let’s go deeply*laughs*. You are quite a handsome fellow, how do you control the female population? I mean female fans club.
IDRIS: I think I’m embarrassed right now.*laughs* I basically don’t do anything. I think it is not so good to send those girls away because I think having them also helps your business ,you should just know how to handle the whole fun and business relationships. You have to know where to draw the line.
FACET: Hmmmm…..does ‘madam’ get so angry when she notices other girls giving you attention?
IDRIS: No, she knows the kind of person I am.
FACET: So in few lines, what kind of person will you say you are?
IDRIS: Errrrhhm..I’m just a regular guy who goes about my business. I stick to time a lot and I’m an honest person and I think that is a good thing.
FACET: Are you concerned about the rate of unemployment in the country and how does it affect your orientation about getting a job immediately you are out of school?
IDRIS: Ofcourse, I’m very concerned about unemployment because there are no jobs out there. I had my industrial training at CWAY foods and beverages and my supervisor is a graduate of Biochemistry, OAU, so he made me understand that there are no jobs around and you need a good connection to get a good job in Nigeria. So from my own point of view, I think since there are no jobs out there, everybody should try and get their hands on deck, doing something for themselves.
FACET: Most students decide not to work with their certificates but rather decide to pursue entrepreneurship. Do you think we do not take education seriously anymore or we just happen to give up on any hope of getting a job when we are out of school?
IDRIS: Both. It depends on where you find yourself because I think the people that do not take education seriously are those that find themselves where they do not want to be. For example, those that are science oriented but find themselves in other fields are usually affected. Likewise the ones that are serious minded but do not have the right motivation to keep them going.
FACET: Do you plan to work with your certificate as a biochemist or you would rather just stick to being a fashioner?
IDRIS: I plan to do both. I plan to become a forensic biochemist and also run my business along with that.
FACET: Now that you have mentioned forensic biochemistry, can you tell us a little bit about forensic biochemistry?
IDRIS: Forensic biochemistry is a part that deals with analysis. Analysis of hair, DNA,fingerprints and so on.
FACET: Do you think being a biochemist pays in Nigeria? Why?
IDRIS: It doesn’t. Because biochemistry is basically a research field and Nigeria does not provide the right atmosphere for research to go on very well.
FACET: We have come to realize that many undergraduates tend to take to social vices like stealing, armed robbery ,fraud, rituals and so on, what do you suggest should be done to curb these and save the lives of youths on this journey of ruins?
IDRIS: What pushes people to go into such things is unemployment. If the Government could provide good amenities that could discourage these people from such vices, I think that would be good.
FACET: If you aint a fashioner or a biochemist, what would you be?
IDRIS: I would probably be a footballer because I am pretty much a good soccer player and I could also be a consultant too.
FACET: As a big boy, how did it feel learning to sew?
IDRIS: It wasn’t difficult for me, because my mum sews so I learnt one or two things while growing up. But I went fully into it during the last ASUU strike. It is not really a big deal to me.
FACET: What is your advice to the youths of today, most especially the undergraduates?
IDRIS: Errrrhhm..I think my advice will be for you to know what you want, do everything you can to achieve your goals.
FACET: Ohhhh...I think that would be all, thank you so very much for being an audience. What can you tell our readers about THEFACET blog.
IDRIS:*Laughs* What can I say..hmmmmm…ok… for the best intercampus entertainment, entreprenueral gists and the best articles, make sure you visit THEFACET blog.


FACET: Looooooooooooooooool…thank you so much Idris, we love you and to our readers, we love you too!!! Join us here next time, but till then, ANTICIPATE! BLESS*

No comments:

Post a Comment